Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sudoku-ing the stress away

 
(Photo Credit: Blogger.com)
By Vanessa Flores-Maldonado (Los Angeles, California)

Yes, dear friends, I am addicted to Sudoku.

I know, I know, I should not be wasting time playing this wonderful game especially when my "To Do List" is equivalent in  size to the encyclopedia, but I need Sudoku.

Everyone has their own thing when they are stressed. Some cry, others draw, maybe they'll even break out in song. And while I do many other things to relax, I would say that when I start playing Sudoku, I really really am stressed out.

And how could I not be? College applications, internship, AP classes, family! Oh, and Questbridge due in 2 weeks!

While I am super excited for graduation (9 months! exactly), time really is going by. I mean, wasn't it just the other day that we were being held up by Chiquita Bandita?

It's our last year of high school before we disseminate (SAT WORD!) into the world. We are off to college, starting our own lives, getting our first jobs, meeting new people, and just being on our own. It's quite surprising how we just have months before we are thrust into the world.

I'm excited.

But, in order to make sure that I'll be able to survive said world, I should finish up all work I have for my classes, SAT prep, internship, newspaper (editor in chief :D), senior project, and make take a breather somewhere in that list.

As soon as I finish playing this round of Sudoku.

1 comment: