Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dancing to the music


After days of hard work, SJPers let loose in the newsroom (Photo Credit: Brian Rokus '99).

By Gohar Chichian (Queens, NY)

As we sit here exchanging laughs and inside jokes, I can’t help but be amazed by all the people and I have come to meet and become friends with. Everyone here is from a diverse background, with differing opinions and beliefs, yet we have somehow come together and become close friends. The experiences shared in the past 10 days have united us and many have bonded over the love of journalism and wanting to do something important with our lives.

I regret that time is now our enemy, and is quickly running out. But as we dance and sing and laugh in unison, I know that the people I have met here have made an impact on my life. I have learned different things and shared different experiences with each person, and what was most amazing about every student was their willingness to accept and understand one another. I will take away everything I have learned at Princeton and will apply it at home. But this goes beyond journalism and learning to write—I have learned about friendship, determination, and wisdom. I am going to miss everyone I have met at Princeton, and I know, as we sing and dedicate songs to each of our counselors, that I will always cherish these memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment