Saturday, August 6, 2011

Visiting CNN

By Eboni Boykin (St. Louis, MO)

On Tuesday, we took a trip to New York. What an amazing experience! I had never been to New York before, and I was so amazed by the city and how similar it was to the way movies portray it.

The best part of that entire day (besides working on our investigative story) was the tour of CNN. We had an opportunity to see the set used for CNN’s American Morning, which is my favorite news show of all time. We also saw the set for Anderson Cooper 360, Showbiz Tonight, and Piers Morgan Tonight.

I was awestruck during the entire tour, because I watch more CNN than any other channel, and also because I’d always dreamed of working there. While we were looking at the control room, we had the chance to watch a CNN International Reporter do a broadcast in Spanish. She came into the control room and talked to us about how she got her start and why she chose broadcast journalism.

The CNN newsrooms were definitely a sight to see! People worked frantically at their desks, making phone calls and typing away at their keyboards. The energy was high, and we got a chance to see what it’s like in a newsroom in one of the most prestigious news channels in the world.

Unfortunately, I didn’t see Kiran Chetry (sad face). She’s one of the anchors for American Morning, so she was probably sleeping because of the weird time slot her show goes on the air. I won’t be too bummed out about it though—because I like to think I’ll be working along side her a few years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment