Monday, August 6, 2012

A late but welcome arrival

By Jocelyn Vega (Chicago, IL)


Stepping into a room filled with students arranged in a circle, I began to flush bright red with embarrassment. I was so nervous entering the room because I arrived extremely late. But despite my worries, I found the atmosphere relaxing and friendly: I was walking into the doors of Princeton’s Summer Journalism Program, with a hunger for knowledge punching my gut.

Rushing into my seat, it only took me a second to dive into a conversation with my peers and engage in the debate. The questions of what is journalism and passion were impossible to fully answer. One day in the near future we will be truly able to answer these questions with our experience in the journalism field, an experience we will all gain as scholars, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment