Thursday, August 9, 2012

Empire state of mind

By Darquis Williams (Memphis, TN)


On Wednesday, SJP went on a group trip to New York City.

For me, it was a tremendous experience. I had the chance to explore the city's diversity when I interviewed nineteen strangers in Central Park, asking them the question, “What is Sikhism?”

The responses were mixed. Some New Yorkers blew me off, refusing to answer the question because they were too concerned with their lives. But many of them were friendly and charismatic, answered my questions and even tried to keep engaging me in conversation as I tried to move on to the next person.

The atmosphere of the Big Apple was amazing. I really enjoyed the tour of The New York Times and CNN as well.

Also, the traffic wasn’t as bad as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment