Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Questions, questions, questions

By Angela Kim (Los Angeles, CA)

Today we had five speakers who came to talk to us, but I think the most interesting thing I learned about journalism was the connections that a journalist could make throughout his or her career. Eli Saslow from The Washington Post spoke about his experience reporting from the White House and his interviews with President Obama. After his talk, I realized that there are so many opportunities for journalists to create a network, which may not be available for people in other careers.

Eliza Gray from The New Republic also said something that I found amazing, which was that journalists have a “license” to ask any question to anyone. This was one of the most valuable lessons I learned here, and it really influenced my view of journalism as a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment