Monday, August 6, 2012

What is truth?

By Michelaina Johnson (Ojai, CA)


Truth is the encompassment of all perspectives that make up a moment in history. As journalists, our job is to assemble together as many of the perspective pieces of this unfathomable puzzle. Each day we add many pieces to the puzzle of our personal truth.

Through SJP, I have gained cultural knowledge and global perspective. I had thought some pieces in my puzzle were in the right place, but SJP has proved me wrong and repositioned them. The student diversity has enhanced my cultural awareness; for instance, never before had I talked to a Pakistani Muslim student about Islam. The counselors' and speakers' global points of view has also eroded my previous ignorance about international politics and its impacts.

My puzzle is far from finished, but more pieces have been put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment