Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A little piece of heaven

By Michelaina Johnson (Ojai, CA)

The East Coast, my little piece of heaven, is, well, heavenly. For years, that unknown region has beckoned me though, up until now, I have not had the opportunity to respond.


Too many unforeseen circumstances interrupted my planned trips to New York- lack of finances, scheduling conflicts and family issues. But fate has a way of overcoming all obstacles.

From the moment the plane landed, I was in love. The sunrise. The sunset. The beauty. The history. The culture. The personality. This ideal combination makes up the regality and harmony of Princeton University and the surrounding town.

The town reminds me of my hometown, but has a more relaxed and cultural character. Its authenticity and old-town nature - from the small ice cream shops to the grand theater - inspires and warms the heart.

So far, this town has exemplified the inward, unexplainable sentiment I feel for the East Coast.

But the crowned jewel of my heart is New York, the city that never sleeps. It has a special place for me; I know that I am meant to move there and to make a change, though I do not know yet what exactly it is. The trip to New York tomorrow will direct me on a new path - or change my course. Tomorrow will decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment