Monday, August 5, 2013

Amazing Start to SJP!

By Miguel Diaz (New York, NY)

Being at SJP so far has been an incredible experience. My favorite workshop so far was the interviewing workshop, mainly because we were all able to interview each other and get each other's perspectives on the program so far. I've also enjoyed getting to listen to different professors and successful journalists speak about their careers and what led up to it; for it inspires me and gives me hope that I can build up toward my career in the same way. For example, when professor Patricia Fernandez-Kelly came to speak, we were all really able to detect her passion; we knew that she loves her career. Sharing this experience with everyone else at SJP has made it all so much more enjoyable. Everything from the dining halls, to the workshops, to the small group meetings we have to talk about anything—it has all been very memorable and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the program has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment