Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back to the City

By Jeanne Li (New York, NY)

Perhaps I don't want to leave New York City forever. It’s been less than a week, and our trip back to my hometown made me realize that there are so many things that I miss there.  I missed my favorite daily cup of cold milk tea and the way the first sip leaked into my mouth going through every crack in my teeth.  It tasted like home. I especially miss that familiar sweet and strong scent of tea and pastries from the local bakery.  I had taken these parts of NYC for granted.  


With these things in my system, I was more energized than ever to take up my favorite part of journalism, which is writing. Once I begin, I am unwilling to pause until I have poured and squeezed every word I could into a piece of writing.


On our way back to Princeton, my fellow SJP students and I were singing and cheering on the bus. I just wanted to get up and dance! At that moment, I did not look forward to leaving SJP, but I realized I will miss the little things here just like I missed the little things from my home. I will not forget my team and family here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment