Sunday, August 11, 2013

For the Love of SJP

Jasmine White (Birmingham, Alabama)
There was moment in the program where I thought: Ah! This it what SJP is. I think it happened right in the heat of investigating and reporting, but also had the exhaustion of getting only five hours of sleep each night started to set in. Learning so much in so little time, is both exhilarating and exhausting.
The past few days have been a blur. The friends I’ve made I feel like I’ve known for years. The way we gravitated towards each other and became so amicable so quickly really makes it feel like there’s a sort of destiny within our group. I can’t imagine it being any different.
 We’re now starting to put our newspaper together. It’ll be good to see our long hours of hard work produce results; however it’s a bit of a sad thing as well, as it marks the end of SJP.
 Though I miss my family, I also sort of feel myself dreading the day when we all return to our respective homes, not knowing when (or if) we’ll see each other again. Nothing is truer in this instance than the saying that we should even cherish the shortest moments of our lives, as they often have the greatest impact on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment