Sunday, August 11, 2013

Making the Most of the Last Two Days


By Bianca Uribe (New York, NY)

It has been a very hectic eight days. I never thought that I would actually get this far into the program. I seriously thought I would collapse or just simply explode somewhere halfway through. Fortunately, I am still here and I'm stronger than ever. It is so hard to believe that in just two days we will be going home back to our ordinary lives. I have done things that I would have never done before such as going to a football game, eating Greek food for lunch, and deciding to trade in my few hours of sleep in spend some time with the girls on my floor.  


Also, I will never forget the amazing speakers who came to enlighten us with their passion. The most influencing speaker for me in the past couple of days has been English professor Jeff Nunokawa. As soon as he spoke all eyes were on him and you could just tell by the way that he spoke and moved that he was completely in love with his profession. I cannot wait to tackle these last two days and to live them to the fullest. The last thing I want to do is go back home, but at least I know that I am going back as a better version of who I was when I first walked in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment